CM calls $20 tax on pilgrims jaziya, seeks withdrawal
By Thetribune 20-Sep-2019
- Chief Minister Capt Amarinder Singh on Thursday presided over the Cabinet meeting in a makeshift tent, barely 900 m away from the International Border (IB), and lambasted Pakistan for imposing $20 service tax on devotees entering the country through the corridor to pay obeisance at the Kartarpur shrine.
- He also sanctioned Rs 75.23 crore for the widening and recarpeting of all major roads leading to the corridor and Rs 3.70 crore for developing heritage and food streets in Dera Baba Nanak, thus fulfilling a long-pending demand of the residents.
- Local MLA Sukhjinder Singh Randhawa ensured that the meeting, organised so close to the IB, was held without any untoward incident.
- Security was raised to unprecedented levels with personnel of two police districts — Gurdaspur and Batala — on duty.
- Satisfied with the arrangements, the CM announced to hold the next Cabinet meeting in the border town of Batala.
ट्रैफिक रूल्स में हुए नए बदलाव जनता के लिए !
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know