India unlikely to meet ‘Poshan Abhiyaan’ targets, finds study
By The Hindu 20-Sep-2019
- India is unlikely to meet targets set under the ambitious Poshan Abhiyaan or National Nutrition Mission (NNM).
- Poshan Abhiyaan, launched by PM Modi in 2018 was expected to benefit 10 crore people by 2022.
- But we are expected to miss this target for stunting levels of 25% by 9.6%; underweight target of 22.7% by 4.8%.
- Whereas Dr. Vinod K. Paul, Member, NITI Aayog said, "We knew the prevalent levels were slow; the country aspires to make them faster and is making extra efforts to achieve that."
- The study used all accessible data sources, including national household surveys, multiple dietary and nutrition surveys, and other epidemiological studies, to arrive at its findings.
ALSO READ: State-Run Banks Will Help Small Businesses: Nirmala Sitharaman
ट्रैफिक रूल्स में हुए नए बदलाव जनता के लिए !
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know