Dist judge: Being MLA no licence to misbehave
By Thetribune 19-Sep-2019
- Gurdaspur District and Sessions Judge Ramesh Kumari’s hard-hitting judgment while denying bail to Atam Nagar (Ludhiana) MLA Simarjit Singh Bains has become the talk of the town.
- The MLA’s legal team had pointed out: “MLA Bains koi chhoti, motti cheez nahi hai (MLA Bains is no small fry).”
- The MLA was on September 8 booked on a complaint by Batala SDM Balbir Raj Singh following an altercation with Gurdaspur DC Vipul Ujwal.
- Being an elected member of the state Assembly does not give him the licence to misbehave with a government servant.”
- The judge brought on record details of 12 previous cases registered against the MLA. “The accused may have been falsely implicated in one case but his false implication in 12 cases, excluding the present one, cannot be believed,” she observed.
ट्रैफिक रूल्स में हुए नए बदलाव जनता के लिए !
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know