Chandigarh has no funds for roads, said municipal commissioner
The Indian Express
- Municipal Commissioner K K Yadav said that roads cannot be made as there are no funds.
- He made this statement in the General House meeting which was discussing the agenda of signing an MoU with the National Institute of Technical Teachers Training & Research (NITTTR).
- “In fact, our financial position is such that it will become difficult to pay salaries to the employees as well,” Commissioner Yadav said.
- He also mentioned that certain agenda’s which he had thought would earn revenue had been rejected.
- BJP councillor and former mayor Arun Sood questioned that if we don’t have funds then what is the need for NITTTR technical survey?”