Villagers stops Dalit MP from entering into village
Also Read: Kannada organisations urges PM to take steps for flood relief
- BJP MP from Chitradurga, A Narayanaswamy was turned away from a village in his own constituency for hailing from a different caste.
- Narayanaswamy was humiliated by the Golla community when he along with doctors and Biocon officials tried to enter the Gollarahatti (a place where people belonging to the Golla community lives) as he is "untouchable".
- People asked Narayanaswamy to go back and not enter the village as no Dalit or lower caste members are allowed to enter the Gollarahatti. While Narayanaswamy is a Dalit, the Gollas belong to the Other Backward Class (OBC).
- After a brief argument with the community members, Narayanaswamy left in his car while police have ordered an inquiry.
- The SP said that it is still unclear that who stopped the BJP MP from entering.