Sikh leaders flay govt over protest ban
Takht supreme, govt trying to mar event: Harsimrat
- Questioning the stand of the Congress government to ban demonstration against the revocation of Article 370 in J&K in Mohali, SAD (Amritsar) chief Simranjit Singh Mann on Sunday alleged that the CM was adopting double standards on the issue.
- It seems that the Congress government is terrified by the Narendra Modi-led BJP government at the Centre,” Mann said at a joint forum to announce a national-level march and rally in Delhi on September 26.
- The rally will be held a day before the PM’s address to the UN General Assembly on September 27.
- Kanwar Pal Singh of Dal Khalsa said, “While Modi will present his side of story on Kashmir’s integration into India at the UN session, we will speak on the behalf of the population detained at gunpoint since August 5.”
- “The justice rally will serve as a rallying point to unequivocally declare that the problem of Kashmir and the rights of the people,” said Dal Khalsa head Harpal Singh Cheema.