Rajya Sabha Poll: Gujarat High Court summons S Jaishankar and Jugalji Thakor
By Dna 14-Sep-2019
- The Gujarat High Court on Friday summoned External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar and BJP’s Rajya Sabha MP Jugalji Thakor to remain present before it on September 27 in connection with multiple petitions filed against them by Congress leaders challenging their Rajya Sabha poll victory.
- In all, seven election petitions were filed by Congress leaders against the poll victory of the BJP candidates. Gaurav Pandya and Chandrika Chudasama, who unsuccessfully contested against Jaishankar and Thakor, had filed two petitions each, whereas the leader of opposition in the state Assembly Paresh Dhanani had filed three petitions.
- The court clarified that it is rejecting four of the seven petitions, and issuing a notice to the BJP leaders in three petitions.
- The petitions retained by the court include Pandya’s petition against Jaishankar, Chudasama’s petition against Thakor, and Dhanani’s petition challenging the election of both the returned candidates.
- By-elections for the two Rajya Sabha seats, vacated by BJP’s Amit Shah and Smriti Irani post their Lok Sabha victory, was held on July 5 in which Jaishankar and Thakor emerged as winners against Congress’s Pandya and Chudasama, respectively.
ट्रैफिक रूल्स में हुए नए बदलाव जनता के लिए !
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know