Odisha Consumers Association charges state government with failure to comply with HC order
By Newindiaexpress 13-Sep-2019
- In an affidavit filed in Orissa High Court on Thursday, Odisha Consumers Association (OCA) alleged that cases have been pending for long years in State Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission as well as district forums due to inadequate infrastructure and huge vacancies.
- Most of the district forums have no provision for a toilet, drinking water or library as the buildings which would house the forums have not been completed as per approved plan.
- OCA assistant secretary Arun Kumar Sahu stated these in a rejoinder to affidavits filed by Secretary, Food Supplies and Consumer Welfare department Vir Vikram Yadav.
- In two affidavits filed on January 3 and August 14 this year, Yadav had sought ‘unconditional apology’ for delay in compliance of a High Court order issued 20 years ago.
- While disposing of a petition of OCA on March 22, 1999, the High Court had directed the State Government to provide proper infrastructure and utilisation of funds for success of SCDRC and DCDRFs.
क्या संतोष गंगवार के बयान का असर महाराष्ट्र चुनाव में होगा ?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know