550th Gurpurb: SGPC again asks CM to name members
By Thetribune 13-Sep-2019
- The Congress-led state government and the SGPC are still not on the same page when it comes to celebrations of the 550th birth anniversary of Guru Nanak Dev.
- Yet again, the SGPC has scheduled a coordination committee meeting on September 17 to finalise the programmes and asked Chief Minister Capt Amarinder Singh to send two government representatives to complete the quorum.
- The function has been scheduled at Sultanpur Lodhi, where Guru Nanak spent 14 years of his life, on November 12.
- Terming the CM’s attitude as non-cooperative, SGPC president Gobind Singh Longowal stated that the Congress government had been defying the directions of Akal Takht to celebrate the occasion jointly. He said the joint programme never implied a programme to be led by the CM.
- The CM had recently stated that the government was ready to support the SGPC for any event that it had been planning to hold within the gurdwara premises, yet the state would hold main event outside the premises.
क्या संतोष गंगवार के बयान का असर महाराष्ट्र चुनाव में होगा ?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know