Punjab govt, centre team meet, to discuss flood damage in 11 districts
By Thetribune 12-Sep-2019
- The Punjab government and inter-ministerial central team on Thursday, held a meeting to discuss damage caused due to floods in Punjab.
- Punjab government’s special Chief Secretary K B S Sidhu prepared a presentation on the damages caused by the sudden discharge of water in Satluj river.
- The central team will now head to Ropar and Nawanshahr to assess the damage caused by the floods from September 17-19, and will visit Jalandhar and Kapurthala on Friday.
- The state government has suffered damages worth Rs 1, 216.39 crore in 11 districts of the state because of the heavy discharge of water last month. As many as six persons lost their lives, 1,400 suffered injuries, over 2,400 were evacuated from areas spread over 1 lakh acres and relief has been provided to over 1,530 families.
- Standing paddy crop in 794 villages worth Rs 506.06 crore; maize Rs 31.82 crore; sugarcane Rs 21.40 crore and horticulture crops worth Rs 16.44 crore were damaged in floods.
क्या संतोष गंगवार के बयान का असर महाराष्ट्र चुनाव में होगा ?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know