Odisha Congress begins membership drive from September
By Newindiaexpress 10-Sep-2019
- The state unit of Congress has decided to launch a membership drive to revitalise the party at the grassroots level. The drive, likely to be undertaken this month, aims at activating the party organisation ahead of the urban local bodies elections.
- The membership drive will continue till 2022. Announcing this here on Monday, party’s Telangana in-charge Ramchandra Khuntia said new members will have to pay Rs 5 for five years.
- He, however, said Odisha Congress will not have provision for Aadhaar linking of new members. “New members will be asked to link their voter identity cards,” he said.
- Congress organisation in Odisha has become dormant after the party’s dismal performance in the 2019 Assembly and Lok Sabha elections. Khuntia said young members will be trained for creation of cadre.
- The cadre members will be known as ‘Preraks’ for whom a comprehensive syllabus will be prepared, he said and added that a separate wing will be created for them.
क्या संतोष गंगवार के बयान का असर महाराष्ट्र चुनाव में होगा ?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know