Gujarat government aims to penetrate two lakh households with solar rooftop policy
By Dna 10-Sep-2019
- The state government on Monday said that over 2 lakh households will be covered under the state's solar rooftop policy within a year which will help generate over 600 megawatt (Mw) of clean energy.
- Speaking at a press conference, energy minister Saurabh Patel said with the solar rooftop policy of the state government, the common man can now become both a consumer as well as producer of clean energy.
- "People can generate electricity through solar energy in their own balcony, rooftop or any open space owned by them and can also sell the generated energy to the state government," said Patel.
- "The state will buy the surplus energy generated at a rate of Rs 2.25 per unit under a 25-year contract with the producers," said Patel.
- Explaining the subsidy that will be provided by the state for households that generate their own solar energy, Patel said that the government will subsidize 40 per cent of the cost of a 3 kilowatt (KW) solar rooftop installation.
'ओला-ऊबर के कारण ऑटो सेक्टर में मंदी' - क्या निर्मला सीतारमण के इस बयान से आप सहमत है ?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know