Accepting minister’s challenge, GPCC chief quits Olympic panel
By Heraldgoa 07-Sep-2019
- Goa Pradesh Congress Committee (GPCC) President Girish Chodankar on Friday resigned as the vice president of the Goa Olympic Association (GOA) following a war of words with Sports Minister Manohar Ajgaonkar over hosting of the National Games.
- The Congress leader said he had put in his papers accepting the ‘challenge’ thrown at him by Ajgaonkar. “The minister had claimed that my exit from the GOA will help in smoother organisation of the National Games,” Chodankar said explaining the reason for his resignation from GOA.
- Chodankar had earlier criticised Ajgaonkar for postponing the dates of the National Games multiple times.
- The BJP-led Goa government has also earned the ire of the Indian Olympic Association (IOA) for delays in hosting the Games.
- “In response to the public appeal made by... Ajgaonkar, I tender my resignation from the post of Vice President of Goa Olympic Association,” Chodankar said in his resignation letter.
'ओला-ऊबर के कारण ऑटो सेक्टर में मंदी' - क्या निर्मला सीतारमण के इस बयान से आप सहमत है ?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know