Know Your Leader
Home > Leader > Vasundhara Raje
Bharatiya Janata Party
Date of Birth :
08 Mar 1953
कांग्रेस राजस्थान में "संकल्प यात्रा" निकालेगी, करेगी सभाएं
राजस्थान में विधानसभा चुनाव अभी करीब चार माह बाद होने है,लेकिन कांग्रेस और भाजपा ने प्रचार अभियान अभी से तेज तेज कर दिया। मुख्यमंत्री वसुंधरा राजे की...
वाजपेयी के अंतिम संस्कार में शामिल हुईं मुख्यमंत्री वसुंधरा राजे
मुख्यमंत्री वसुंधरा राजे शुक्रवार को नई दिल्ली में राष्ट्रीय स्मृति स्थल पर पूर्व प्रधानमंत्री अटल बिहारी वाजपेयी के अंतिम संस्कार में शामिल हुईं। इसस...
वसुंधरा राजे ने कहा, कांग्रेस से हमारा कोई मुकाबला नहीं
राजस्थान की मुख्यमंत्री वसुंधरा राजे का कहना है कि कि उनके कार्यकाल के दौरान किए गए विकास से आम आदमी लाभान्वित हुआ है। वसुंधरा राजे का कहना है कि कांग...
Constituency : Jhalarapatan
Vasundhara Raje was born on 8 March 1953 in Mumbai. She is daughter of Vijayaraje Scindia - Shinde and Jivajirao Scindia - Shinde, Maharaja of Gwalior, members of the prominent Scindia royal Maratha family. She completed her school education from Presentation Convent, Kodaikanal, Tamil Nadu, and later graduated with Economics and Political Science degrees (Hons.) from Sophia College, affiliated to Mumbai University, Mumbai. Vasundhara Raje married Hemant Singh, of the ex-royal Dholpur family, on 17 November 1972, but the couple separated a year later. Her son Dushyant Singh was elected to the Lok Sabha from her former constituency, Jhalawar.
In 1984, Raje entered the Indian political system. Initially, she was made a Member of the National Executive of the newly formed Bharatiya Janata party (BJP). She was also elected as a member of the 8th Rajasthan Assembly from Dholpur. The same year, she was appointed as the Vice President of the Yuva Morcha, Rajasthan BJP.
Membership of Legislative Assembly
• 1985-90 Member, 8th Rajasthan Legislative Assembly from Dholpur
• 2003-08 Member, 12th Rajasthan Legislative Assembly from Jhalrapatan
• 2008-13, 13th Rajasthan Legislative Assembly from Jhalrapatan
• 2013 onwards Member 14th Rajasthan Legislative Assembly  from Jhalrapatan
Membership of Parliament
• 1989-91 : Member, 9th Lok Sabha
• 1991-96 : Member, 10th Lok Sabha
• 1996-98 : Member, 11th Lok Sabha
• 1998-99 : Member, 12th Lok Sabha
• 1999-03 : Member, 13th Lok Sabha
• 1985-87 : Vice-President, Yuva Morcha BJP, Rajasthan
• 1987 : Vice-President, BJP, Rajasthan
• 1990-91 : Member, Library Committee, Member, Consultative Committee, Ministries of Commerce and Tourism
• 1991-96 : Member, Consultative Committees, Ministries of Power, Science and Technology, Environment and Tourism1996-97 Member, Committee on Science and Technology, Environment and Forests, Member, Consultative Committees, Ministries of Power, Science and Technology and Tourism
• 1997-1998 : Joint Secretary, BJP Parliamentary Party
• 1998-99 : Union Minister of State, External Affairs
• 13 October 1999 – 31 Aug.. 2001: Union Minister of State (Independent Charge), Small Scale Industries and Agro & Rural Industries; Department of Personnel and Training; Department of Pensions and Pensioners’ Welfare in the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions; Department of Atomic Energy and Department of Space
• 1 September 2001 – 1 November 2001: Union Minister of State, Small Scale Industries; Personnel, Training, Pensions, Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances; Department of Atomic Energy; and Department of Space (Independent Charge) 2 November 2001-
• 29 January 2003 – 8 December 2003: Union Minister of State, Small Scale Industries; Personnel, Training, Pensions, Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances; Planning; Department of Atomic Energy; and Department of Space (Independent Charge) 14 November 2002 -
• 14 December 2003 – Present: President, BJP, Rajasthan
• 8 December 2003 – 8 December 2008: Chief Minister, Rajasthan
• 2 January 2009 – 8 December 2013: Leader of Opposition, Rajasthan Legislative Assembly
• 8 December 2013 – Present: Chief Minister, Rajasthan