All You Need to Know About Yeddyurappa
Author: Thamanna Abdul Latheef 18 May 2018
After a power tussle in the state of Karnataka, BJP’s chief ministerial candidate BS Yeddyurappa sworn-in as the chief minister despite the criticisms and protests from Congress and the JD(S). However, Governor Vajubhai Vala invited the BJP to form the government in the state as the party secured 104 seats in the 224-member House. Though the BJP has emerged as the single largest party in the Assembly, it is falling short of the majority to form the government. Now, the party have to prove its strength on the floor of the House within 15 days.
Here are some of the details on the current Chief Minister of Karnataka BS Yeddyurappa as well as his political career in Karnataka. Check out the timeline of major events related to BS Yeddyurappa and the Karnataka politics.
- Kumaraswamy becomes Chief Minister with BJP strongman B.S. Yeddyurappa as his deputy.
- JD(S) backs Yeddyurappa for Chief Minister; BJP stakes claim to form the government
- Yeddyurappa was sworn in as Chief Minister; BJP gets first party-led government in the south
- Gowda directs JD(S) to >vote against the government as BJP refuses to sign a power-sharing agreement.
- Eight-day-old BJP-led government in Karnataka falls. As a result, Yeddyurappa quits.
- Karnataka comes under President’s Rule once again
- Karnataka goes to polls and BJP emerges as the largest party with 110 seats.
- Yeddyurappa takes over as the 19th Chief Minister of Karnataka
- The Karnataka Lokayukta submitted its report on Illegal iron ore mining in the state which had indicted Yeddyurappa and 12 others in receiving favours worth 40 crores from Jindal Steel Works.
- Yeddyurappa forced to resign from the CM post by the BJP following the Lokayukta report.
- Yeddyurappa arrested after a warrant was issued against him by the Lokayukta court.
- Yeddyurappa granted bail after spending 23 days in jail.
- The initial FIR by the Lokayukta was quashed by the High Court as Yeddyurappa was not provided with a notice before the charges were made thereby robbing him a chance of presenting his case.
- The Lokayukta counsel failed to provide any documentation to sustain their claims.
- CBI files a chargesheet against Yeddyurappa for criminal conspiracy, forgery and corruption.
- The CBI had been directed to file the case by Supreme Court following a plea by NGO named, Samaj Parivartan Samudaya.
- Yeddyurappa leaves the BJP to form his own party Karnataka Janata Paksha.
- Yeddyurappa elected as MLA from Shikaripura Constituency, his party wins 6 seats.
- Merges his party with the BJP, giving the pretext of wanting to help make Modi become PM.
- Asked to depose before the special CBI court. Was asked as many as 475 questions and became emotional while answering them.
- In another case against him, the Karnataka High Court quashed proceedings against him with respect to 15 FIRs registered by Lokayukta police over denotification of BDA-acquired lands.
- Yeddyurappa acquitted by a special CBI Court in the corruption case stating lack of evidence.
- Won Shikaripura constituency with 86983 votes
- Sworn-in as the chief minister of Karnataka
By: Thamanna Abdul Latheef C
महाराष्ट्र में अगर शिवसेना, एनसीपी और कांग्रेस के गठबंधन की सरकार बनती है तो क्या उसका हाल भी कर्नाटक जैसा होगा ?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know